10 tips to increase testosterone naturally: The concentration of testosterone in our body depends on many factors and some of them can be controlled by us, in this way, we can increase testosterone naturally.
Tips to increase testosterone naturally
Did you know that both men and women release testosterone? Obviously, this anabolic hormone reaches much higher proportions in men because it is a male sex hormone testosterone boosting foods.
Apart from sports goals, high levels of testosterone in men and low levels of testosterone in women are necessary for both sexes to enjoy a full state of health and well-being.
Testosterone levels depend on several factors among which we can mention the following: quality of sleep, exercise, stress, and diet or body fat percentage.
Acting in a simple way about our life habits we can increase testosterone in a natural way, pay attention to the tips that we show you below:
- Eat properly: A percentage of body fat above the appropriate increases the aromatase enzyme, responsible for transforming testosterone into estrogen, thus slowing down the metabolism. Therefore, nutrition is essential to increase testosterone. Respect your caloric needs through healthy and good quality foods decreases the consumption of processed foods and sugar.
- Potentiate zinc rich foods: Zinc is one of the most important nutrients to increase the level of testosterone. Before taking it as a nutritional supplement, it is more advisable to include in our diet the foods that contain it: liver and beef, oysters, pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate, peanuts and crab.
- Power healthy fats: The essential fatty acids Omega-3 and Omega-6 are essential for the synthesis of hormones, including testosterone. It is important that you increase the dietary sources of healthy fats, such as blue fish, nuts and olive oil.
- Intermittent fasting: On other occasions we have talked about intermittent fasting and all its benefits, among them, it should be noted that this fasting carried out properly helps us to increase testosterone levels.
- Plan your workout properly: Did you know that lifting weights 3 times a week regularly can increase your testosterone by up to 20%? Obviously, training is essential, as is cardiovascular training, not only because of the multiple benefits it brings, but also because it is optimized at the intervals of maximum intensity to burn fat.
- Do not stress: When we stress our body secretes more cortisol, also known as the stress hormone. The higher the level of cortisol, the lower the testosterone level, so stress is the enemy to avoid. Do not hesitate to incorporate different relaxation techniques into your daily routine.
- Sleep well: A quality and sufficient night rest is essential for anyone, but even more so for an athlete, since during the night rest the body is repaired. Sleeping less than 7 or 8 hours a day or doing it in an interrupted manner can decrease testosterone by up to 10%.
- Enjoy sex: The desire and sexual activity are intimately linked with testosterone in the case of men, therefore, satisfy our desires and lead an active sex life will positively affect testosterone levels.
- Do not drink alcohol: Even when consumption is moderate, alcohol interferes negatively in the work that the liver does with respect to estrogen, increasing the levels of these and therefore decreasing testosterone. In addition, alcohol decreases zinc levels.
- Avoid excess heat in your genital area: Use tight underwear or pants as well as taking too hot baths can raise the temperature in your testicles by automatically decreasing the production and release of testosterone.